Fieldwork is over. So much as happened. Lots of observing, learning, researching, preparing, doing, reflecting, and the list goes on and on. In eight short weeks, the students, Ijeoma Ikpeze and Chantal Sendall, went from students to entry level proficient within the mental health setting.
In the last episode of the OTA fieldwork series, the girls reflect on their experience and everything that has happened in their last fieldwork rotation. They discuss the biggest hurdles they faced and skills that they feel they need to continue to work on. They also share tips and tricks, as well provide advice for current students to excel in their fieldwork.
Chantal, EJ, and Sarah discuss:
- Their feelings now that fieldwork is over
- The biggest hurdle they faced during fieldwork
- Coming up with novel, fun, and exciting groups in the mental health setting
- Where they felt like they grew the most in during the rotation
- Skills they will continue to work on as the make the transition to being a practitioner
- Leaning into discomfort and pushing outside your comfort zone
- Advice for students about to start fieldwork
- Seeking out observation in other areas/ disciplines
- Resources for students during fieldwork
- Teachers Pay Teachers: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Ot-Butterfly
- Smart Board Jeopardy: https://jeopardylabs.com/play/jeopardy-smart-board
- What’s next for the students?
- Catch the full OTA Fieldwork series here: