Is early intervention a good practice area to work in as a new grad? To answer this, I’ve got Amirra Johnson, OTD, OTR/L on the show. Amirra’s an occupational therapist and has been working in early intervention for just over a year, having started in that practice area fresh out of OT school. She shares the pros and cons, as well as a few tips to be successful working in EI as a new grad.
Amirra and Sarah discuss:
- What is early intervention?
- How can families be referred
- Typical assessments and frequency of evaluations
- Informed Clinical Opinion
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
- Team Based Model
- What a day in early intervention looks like (pre-covid)
- Coaching Model in EI
- What about all the driving?
- The skill of scheduling and autonomy
- Going bagless
- Pros and cons of working in EI as a new grad
- Tips for new grads working (or wanting to work) in EI
Connect with Amirra
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelousmirracles.ot/
- URL: www.marvelousmirracles.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marvelousmirracles.ot