The fieldwork rotation is a vital part of becoming an OT. Follow 2 students as they transition into occupational therapy practitioners. This is episode 5 of a 6 part mini-series.
It’s week 9 of Level II fieldwork and Rachelle and Maya are here to discuss their current state’s as they head into the last few weeks of their clinical rotation:
- Current expectations at the end of their fieldwork
- How to handle schedule changes
- Strategies for documentation and report writing
- The benefits of having a support system outside of OT
- Work-life balance
- Importance of working with the family in pediatrics
- Coping strategies for dealing with the mental, physical, and emotional stress of fieldwork.