Rachel is an OT volunteer with Sarah’s private practice who is gaining volunteer hours for her application to OT school.
Every occupational therapists journey begins with OT school. And before school, comes pre-requisites, the GRE, volunteer hours, and applications. Being right in the middle of this process, Rachel Moore discusses how she is managing all the requirements and preparing to begin applying to OT programs. She shares some great insight into resources she has found helpful and tips for what to expect as a volunteer.
- How she found occupational therapy
- Instagram post celebrating World Occupational Therapy Day
- Finding sites who accept volunteers and getting ongoing observation hours
- What to expect during the volunteer experience
- Importance of attending the American Occupational Therapy Association conference
Steps to take for the OT application
- OTCAS: Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service
- GRE: Graduate Record Exam
- Advice for pre OT students and volunteers
Occupational Therapy resources: