- The recording usually lasts about an hour, maybe more if there is a lot of information to cover.
- We will briefly chat before we start recording to check audio and make sure everything is working properly.
- All interviews will be done through Skype.
- If you don’t have it, or need an account, you can find more info here: https://www.skype.com/
- You can hear past episodes to get an idea of how my interviews usually flow here: https://podcast.ot4lyfe.com
- If you have a external mic, that would be best. If not, don’t sweat it, your phone ear buds will be fine.
- It is also better to use a headset. Again, your ear buds will work fine.
- Try to be in a quiet room, that doesn’t echo and somewhere you won’t be interrupted.
- Breaks and dead space are our friends.
- If you get stuck, just pause, let me know and start over. Editing is magic.
- They also allow for me or someone else (if doing a multiple person interview) to jump in.
- It’s my aim to make this a conversation, not put you on the spot.
- This is an opportunity for the audience to get to know you better.
- You have an interesting story and lots to share, so think about what knowledge and experience you have that will benefit the audience.
- Think about what is ok to talk about or not ok to talk about.
- Is there anything specific that you want to discuss?
- We can take out anything afterwards, if you have second thoughts.
- Be natural, be yourself, be excited and most importantly, have fun!
- Feel free to email me at any time with questions before our scheduled time.
- Also, let me know if you have any questions before we start, when we’re on the actual interview call.
There are tons of articles out there to help you prepare as a guest. Here are a few I have found helpful:
Please Fill Out this Form
This information will be used for show notes and promotion of the episode.
Also, please email 3-5 photos for use in promotion to SarahOT4Lyfe@gmail.com.