Best OT Resources

Notifications
Clear all

Best OT Resources  

Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

What are your favorite/go-to occupational therapy resources?

Examples could be books, podcasts, journal articles, blogs, websites, or anything else that you find useful.

You can also leave a voicemail to get included in the show here: ot4lyfe.com/voicemail

10 Replies
Christine Duda
 Christine Duda
(@Christine Duda)

Your Therapy Source is a great resource for the school based OT

1 Reply
Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

@Christine Duda

YourTherapySource is a great resource.  Thanks for sharing that.

Kelsey
 Kelsey
(@Kelsey)

My OT Go-Tos: AOTA (love those sheets, great way to learn about different settings), Willard and Spackman’s Occupational Therapy Books, Podcasts (OT4Lyfe & OT After Dark are my faves), and finally, my Dad! He’s been an OT for over 30 years and he is a great resource

1 Reply
Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

@Kelsey Your dad?  That's amazing.  What practice area does he work in?

Debra Battistella
 Debra Battistella
(@Debra Battistella)

The AOTA website, the OT practice Framework 3rd Ed., “Occupation-Based Activity Analysis, 2nd Ed.” by Heather Thomas, peer reviewed journals...

1 Reply
Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

@Debra Battistella AOTA is always a great place to look.  Any peer reviewed journals stick out in particular?

Heather
 Heather
(@Heather)

I have been a Seniors Flourish member and especially appreciate the educational videos as they cover a variety of topics. I love listening to OT podcasts especially OT4lyfe. I love Sarah’s passion and enthusiasm for OT and have really enjoyed the different guests and the topics they bring which have been very educational.

1 Reply
Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

@Heather Seniors Flourish is a great place to look for stuff.  And Mandy is a fantastic person as well.  

Thanks for the kind words, I'm trying my best to keep the podcast educational and entertaining.

Mike
 Mike
(@Mike)

I work in Pediatrics and am a huge fan of the Lite Brite. I had one growing up and I love how excited kids get when using it. In addition it is great to work on visual motor skills, fine motor skills, executive functioning with following directions, and patience as I have kids wait until they finish their design before they turn it on.

Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

My go to OT resources are podcasts. I have gained so much insight and knowledge from listening from other practitioners in our field.  Plus, there are a bunch about all different areas in occupational therapy.

For a list of OT podcasts, check out:  http://www.otpodcasts.com/