What is your best a...

Notifications
Clear all

What is your best advice for OT and OTA students?  

Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

With the new school year rapidly approaching, I'm looking to get the best advice that you have for OT/OTA students?  And if you're a student, what's the best advice you've ever been told?

4 Replies
2 Replies
karena
 karena
(@karena)

@sarahot4lyfe hi! My biggest piece of advice is to believe in yourself: you ARE 100% capable of doing this and you have all the tools that you need to accomplish your goals. You got this!

Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

@karena Yes Yes Yes! This is great advice!! I definitely had the thought that I wasn't cut out to be an OT many times throughout the OT program. 

Nicole Paneque
 Nicole Paneque
(@Nicole Paneque)

My general advice is to remember that you will always be learning, and the patients will be teaching you too! Every patient is different (especially when it comes to kids), even if their diagnosis is the same!

school based OT guidance: make friends with the secretary and custodians! They know a lot and you’ll need the custodians help to move equipment often 🙂

1 Reply
Sarah Putt, MA, OTR/L
(@sarahot4lyfe)

@Nicole Paneque Such great advice! I'm still learning even after 11 years in the field. And yes, everybody is different. Never assume based on diagnosis or any other factor. 

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved