Welcome to the OT 4 Lyfe podcast. I launched this podcast back in October 2018 and since then have released 37 episodes. I have brought on some amazing guests and covered a wide range of topics, from pediatric OT practice, to animal assisted therapy, using evidenced in practice, the business side of OT, travel therapy and international volunteer work, the importance of collaborating with physical therapists, inclusion, and I released a fieldwork mini series, as well as the first steps to becoming an OT.
Although I’ve covered a lot of topics, I haven’t really gone into much detail about who I am and what this podcast is all about. So that’s what today will be about. I want to use today’s episode for you to get to know me a little better and also understand my why behind creating OT 4 Lyfe.
- Why she started a podcast
- Advocating for the profession
- How she got into podcasts
- The first OT podcasts she found
- Overcoming her shyness and worries
- What she has gotten out of podcasting so far
- Her journey into occupational therapy
- Working as an occupational therapist in home based early intervention
- Starting her private practice
- Being a fieldwork educator and mentor
- Her passion for travel and international volunteer work
- How OT 4 Lyfe got it’s name
- The vision for the podcast
Other OT Podcasts- http://www.otpodcasts.com/